1. You were forced to become an Altar Boy
2. Your friends had problems understanding anything your parents/grandparents said
3. If your friends didn’t have Italian names, your parents/grandparents completely butchered the pronunciation
4. Someone in your family spent majority of their day saying the rosary.
5. Not offering a guest an espresso was offensive
Everyone took pride in their espresso.
6. Your family were experts at sneaking in Cheese/Wine/Oil/Sopressata in their luggage
7. Attempting to Explain to your grandparents/parents what the computer was..
8. You ate one of these Sugar Lambs every Easter
9. You or someone in your family had the Malocchio, this is how they found out
10. Getting frustrated when people said the Italian flag was “Red, White & Green”
11. At family parties when the camera came around with the microphone, seeing the older Italians react to the microphone.
Some of them held it like a telephone, or held it far from them as if it had cooties, while others just stared at it like “Che cazzo e’?”
12. The Italian Elvis
13. American Idol, X-Factor, The Voice had nothing on San Remo…
14. Everyone had to stop what they were doing so your parents/grandparents could watch this every day
15. or this….
16. This was your favorite mouse before Mickey Mouse
17. After they finished watching Seria A, the TV stayed on so they could watch this
18. Everytime this lady came on the screen everyone marveled over how good she looked for her age
19. Soccer team rivalries caused wars
20. Whenever your family was talking on the phone with people in Italy they yelled into the phone as if that was the only way Italy could hear them
21. Your reaction the first time you heard someone speak Barese.
22. One of the first tasks your family gave you was to go out and buy bread
23. This is the Fanta your family loved, they don’t like the new one…
24. When coordinating a family party, the hardest part was figuring out who to sit with who
25. Your family kept record of how much people put in their envelope, so they could give the same amount.
26. Everyone knew someone who was putting in a work compensation claim…
These are the people that magically were perfectly healthy whenever a Tarantella came on during a family party
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- The Oakland warehouse where 36 people were killed last week may have never been subject to a fire inspection — a yearly requirement.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Uber finally laid out hard rules for riders: No guns, sex, or barfing, please 🚗❌