1. Supermarket chain Morrisons has projected a giant bread advert across the wings of The Angel of the North.
The 66-foot structure was designed by Antony Gormley, and has stood in Gateshead in Tyne and Wear since 1998. It is one of the country’s most recognisable pieces of public art.
3. And the internet wasn’t happy at all.
9. Some people felt strongly enough to boycott the supermarket.
11. While others desperately pleaded with Morrisons to reconsider.
13. Yet others were so furious they became positively lyrical.
15. Some people’s complaints were that the advert wasn’t local enough.
16. Plenty of people, meanwhile, saw the funny side.
20. But some just didn’t know what to think.
23. Then there were the people who doubted it even happened in reality.
24. And the ones who were determined to keep it real.