1. When Mick Fanning got attacked by a FUCKING SHARK.
2. When Adam Goodes wouldn't be stopped from showing his pride.
3. And the AFL community rallied behind him.
4. But still people booed him so much he had to retire and the game lost one of its greats.
5. When the Hawks managed a three-peat.
6. And we farewelled a legend.
7. When we lost the Ashes.
8. And we farewelled one of our great cricket captains.
9. But then we welcomed a new one and he did pretty great.
10. When Jarryd Hayne achieved his dream.
11. When our men won the cricket World Cup.
12. But not before our women won theirs.
13. Which is good because the women's Big Bash League starts this week!
14. When the US got a taste of Dellymania.
15. When Queensland won back the State of Origin shield.
16. When the Warriors scored this incredible try.
17. When the Socceroos won the Asian cup.
18. And the Matildas absolutely crushed it at the Women's World Cup.
19. When Mitch Johnson walked off for the final time.
20. When New Zealand broke Australia's heart. Again.
21. But that's fine, because we still have David Pocock.
22. When Jason Day showed off his guns by holding up the bloody huge US PGA trophy.
23. When our diamonds won the Netball World Cup.
24. When a female jockey won the Melbourne Cup for the first time, told her critics to "get stuffed" and celebrated with her little brother.
25. But then we lost a Cup legend when Red Cadeaux became the fourth horse to die in the last three years.
26. When JT finally achieved his dream of leading the Cowboys to an NRL Premiership in one of the greatest grand finals ever.
27. And then he got to share this beautiful moment with his daughter.
Rob Stott is a news editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in Sydney.
Contact Rob Stott at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.