1⁄2 cup (125 mL) softened butter
1⁄2 cup (125 mL) sugar
1⁄2 cup (125 mL) light brown sugar
1 1⁄2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla
1 3⁄4 cup (425 mL) Robin Hood® Cake & Pastry Flour
1⁄2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
1⁄4 tsp (1 mL) salt
3⁄4 cup (175 mL) semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat Oven to 350 ° F / 180 °C
1. Using a hand or stand mixer, combine butter, sugars, and vanilla, then beat until smooth and creamy. Add egg and continue mixing until combined.
2. In a separate bowl sift Robin Hood® Cake & Pastry Flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly combine with butter mixture (add in thirds). Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Grease an 8-inch cake pan, add cookie dough, and smooth over.
4. Bake for 18–20 minutes or until baked and golden brown.
1 cup (250 mL) sugar
1⁄4 cup butter (50 mL), softened
1⁄2 cup Greek (125 mL) yogurt
1⁄2 cup (125 mL) milk
2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
1 cup (250 mL) Robin Hood® Cake & Pastry Flour
1⁄2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
3⁄4 tsp (4 mL) baking powder
3⁄4 tsp (4 mL) baking soda
1⁄2 tsp (2 mL) salt
Preheat oven to 350 ° F / 180 °C
1. Grease 8” cake pan.
2. Using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar, add egg, milk, yogurt and vanilla and combine.
3. In a separate bowl, combine Robin Hood® Cake & Pastry Flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in thirds to the butter mixture and beat until thoroughly combined.
4. Pour into pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Turn out onto a rack and continue cooling.
1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter, softened
3 1⁄2 - 4 cups (875 - 1 mL) powdered sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon (2 mL) vanilla extract
1 tablespoon (15 mL) of heavy cream
1. Beat butter and sugar using a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and cream and beat until both are completely incorporated.
2. Using the cookie as a base, layer buttercream and then the devils food cake, and use remaining buttercream to finish frosting entire cake.
© Smucker Foods of Canada Corp.