We Asked British People How Much They Knew About The US – We’re So Sorry, America
TIL that the America Town Freedom Eagles are the best team at whatever sport the NHL is. Sorrynotsorry.
Seeing that Americans spent last weekend celebrating the fact that we let them run their own country a couple of hundred years ago, we decided to put our US knowledge to the test.
We asked the 22 members of our London office:
1) Who is the current vice president of the United States?
2) Name three signatories of the Declaration of Independence.
3) Name any two of the five Great Lakes.
4) Identify a state from its outline.
5) What is a nickel?
6) Name an NHL team.
Here is a selection of some of the more interesting answers – all we can say is...
1. "Who is the current vice president of the United States?"
2. "Name three signatories of the Declaration of Independence."
3. "Name any two of the five Great Lakes."
4. "Identify this state:"
5. "What is a nickel?"
6. "Name an NHL team."
Here’s how it broke down:
# of Brits who knew the current VP is Joe Biden: 15 out of 22
# of Brits who could name three signatories of the Declaration of Independence: 3 out of 22 (Most people put George Washington – this was wrong!)
# of Brits who could name two of the Great Lakes (Superior, Erie, Michigan, Ontario, and Huron): 7 out of 22
# of Brits who identified Idaho: 3 out of 22
# of Brits who knew a nickel was five cents: 7 out of 22
# of Brits who could name an NHL team: 6 out of 22