These Eggs Benedict Cups Are The Cutest Thing For Breakfast
Serve 'em up!
Wake up with these breakfast cups and you'll be set for the day.
Here's what you will need:
* 6 slices of Ham (Canadian-style Bacon)
* 6 eggs
* 3 egg yolks
* 1/2 tsp white vinegar
* 1/2 cup melted butter
* 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
* A pinch of salt
* A pinch of black pepper
* 3 English muffins (6 halves)
1. Fill the bottom of a double boiler part-way with water. Make sure that the water doesn't touch the top bowl. Bring water to a gentle simmer. In the top of the double boiler, whisk together three egg yolks and 1/2 tsp white vinegar until well mixed.
2. Slowly pour the melted butter in the egg yolk mixture, a little at a time, while constantly whisking. If you pour too much too quickly without whisking, the mixture might not thicken or mix properly. If the hollandaise gets too thick, add a teaspoon or two of hot water. Continue whisking until all the butter is incorporated.
3. Remove from heat, whisk in lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
1. Grease a large muffin tin. Place a slice of ham in each tin, then crack an egg over each slice of ham. Cover the tin in foil, then bake at 350˚F / 175˚C for 8-10 minutes (eight minutes if you like your yolk very runny).
2. To plate: place a toasted English muffin half down, layer the ham and egg cup on top of the English muffin, then drizzle your hollandaise sauce over the egg.