8. They can teach you how to pinch them pennies.
Mama June is a badass couponer. Like, she’ll buy hundreds of dollars worth of groceries for ten bucks. Sure, it’s all off-brand mustard and spaghettios made from cardboard, but it’s still about 95% off. Why is anyone not doing this?! Teach me your ways, Mama.
6. …and their terminology is flawless.
Beautimous: an innovative way of saying “beautiful”
Vajiggle jaggle: extra meat on one’s bones (i.e. third chin, spare tire around the middle)
Biscuit: one’s vagina
Redneckognize: exclaiming the recognition of and/or pride in one’s redneck qualities (I guess?)
Forklift foot: Mama June’s destroyed foot (from a forklift accident, naturally)
Smexy: a sexed-up way to say “sexy”
Sketti: A Thompson family favorite consisting of equal parts butter and ketchup, combined with spaghetti noodles
Multimeal: Whatever ingredients Mama June can find in her cupboards, throw into a disposable pan, and bake. Dinner!
5. Mama June tells her girls they’re beautimous.
Say what you want about their diet and lack of exercise (why you hatin’ on spaghetti, ketchup and butter?). But no matter how big or small the Thompsons are, they think they got it going on, which is pretty damn refreshing in a world of anorexia and Photoshop.
3. They give a damn about their community.
Every year, Sugar Bear (Mama June’s baby daddy) dresses up like Santa to help those in need. The whole family pitches in! They’ve contributed tons of toys to Kids Yule Love, which helps children celebrate the holidays in central Georgia. (PS. The Thompsons were doing this way before they were a big deal.)
2. Mama June saves dat money.
She may or may not deserve Mother of the Year, but she knows how to think ahead. June reportedly distributes TLC’s paychecks equally into trust funds for all of her offspring — accounts they won’t be able to access until they’re 21 (unless, of course, for school or medical emergencies). “I want my kids to look back and say, ‘Mama played it smart,’” Mama told TMZ. “Not like those other reality TV people.’”
We may not know a lot about this new season…
- Six people died and more than 60 were injured in a spree of gun violence in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend.
- After announcing he had raised $5.6 million for veterans organizations, Donald Trump blasted reporters for asking critical questions about the money.
- The show "The Biggest Loser" is under investigation following a report that its contestants were given drugs to aid weight loss.