5. Ten Chimney’s Cottage
Some exterior shots were also filmed at the historic Ten Chimney’s cottage in Wisconsin. This was the romantic summer retreat of actors Lynn Fontanne and Alfred Lunt (and was host to such esteemed guests as Helen Hayes, Laurence Olivier, and Vivien Leigh).
9. The Khaki Scouts
Camp Yawgoog in Hopkinton served as the filming location for Khaki Scout Camp (and a few local scouts were used as extras in the film).
12. But, alas, the iconic lighthouse that Suzy stands on was built in Jamestown specifically for the film.
Ballard Park in Newport, Prudence Island and other spots off Narragansett Bay also served as filming locations. St. Jack’s Church is actually the historic Trinity Church in Newport (on Spring Street).
13. So, grab a map and a suitcase of books and explore the magical world of Moonrise Kingdom.
- Top Democrats in Congress are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- After Donald Trump and the Republicans spectacularly failed to repeal Obamacare, Wall Street now realizes that massive tax cuts may not happen 😅 💸
- Over 18,000 households in Flint, Michigan, will receive new water lines, more than two years after dangerous levels of lead were found in the city's water supply.
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥