2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake
Watch the recipe video here:
4 eggs, whites and yolks separated
9 ounces semisweet chocolate
Powdered sugar, to serve
Vanilla ice cream, to serve
Seasonal fruit, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 325˚F (170˚C).
2. Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt completely, about 1 minute.
3. Using a hand mixer, whisk the whites until soft peaks form.
4. Add the yolks, one by one, into the bowl of chocolate, whisking to combine.
5. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold ⅓ of the whipped egg whites into the yolk and chocolate mixture. Repeat with the remaining egg whites, adding ⅓ at a time.
6. Pour the batter into a greased 6-inch cake mold and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Once the cake is cool to the touch, gently invert it onto a plate.
8. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with ice cream.