1. Updated — 5:05 p.m. ET
2. A woman threw what she described as a shoe at Hillary Clinton during a speech in Las Vegas on Thursday.
The incident happened not long after the former U.S. secretary of state took to the stage at an Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries meeting at the Mandalay Bay Hotel-Casino.
The 66-year-old managed to duck the object and initially asked if it had been a bat.
After realising something had been thrown as her, Clinton jokingly asked if it was “part of Cirque du Soleil” — the acrobatic show based in Vegas.
4. She was then arrested, but it remains unclear why she targeted the former first lady.
5. Las Vegas police said the shoe-thrower is Alison Michelle Ernst, 36, of Phoenix.
Ernst was charged with disorderly conduct, The Daily News reported.
- Former prime minister Tony Blair says there are elements of the Brexit debate "happening the world over."
- Uber documents provided to BuzzFeed News suggest that price cuts don't always raise driver wages 🚗💸
- U.S Department of Defense is expected to end its ban on transgender military service in July.