1. This is six-year-old Ianto performing the ice bucket challenge to help raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support as his mother received treatment for cancer.
2. As his father, Shaun Gustard, said in his Facebook post, Ianto’s mother was recently in hospital to have her lymph nodes removed.
Jane Elizabeth Eyres explained in the comments thread below the video that she has metastatic melanoma, a type of skin cancer.
3. Gustard told Macmillan:
He’s a really sensitive kid and when he went to see her after surgery he was very upset – it really knocked him for six.
Ianto is naturally very kind and caring, so when he saw me do an ice bucket challenge the day after he’d been to see her, he asked if he could do one too, for his mum. I thought it was a bit mean to put ice in the bucket so we used cold water.
Macmillan have been a huge source of support to Jane so we’re really proud of him and hope he’s made a difference.
4. The ice bucket challenge began in the US and has spread across the internet with high profile figures such as Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg getting involved.
5. BuzzFeed has even taken part.
6. In America the challenge is raising awareness for ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Initially the concept was people either poured cold water over themselves or donated money to charity but a lot are now accepting the challenge and donating.
7. The game has now reached the UK, with people accepting the challenge to raise money for Macmillan.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭