1. Three-year-old Karina Chikitova was rescued after spending almost two weeks in a Siberian forest.
The young girl survived in the Sakha Republic by eating wild berries and drinking river water, the Siberian Times reported.
2. It is claimed she was eventually found after her puppy returned home to the village of Olom in Olyokminsky district.
Apparently the dog, which had been by her side for nine days, showed the rescuers the area of thick grass where the young girl had been living for 11 days.
3. Chikitova had allegedly attempted to follow her father, who was unaware of her actions, out of the village last month.
She then became lost and was forced to find shelter in the long grass. The area is said to be known for wild bears and wolves.
5. Afanasiy Nikolayev, spokesman for the Sakha Republic Rescue Service, told the Siberian Times: “We began searches, thinking that if she had lost her shoes she would try and stay away from the deep forest, because there is a lot of sharp sticks there.”
“In the morning, almost right after we began searches - we only made 20 metres - we saw Karina sitting in the grass. We rushed to her, got her a little tea and grabbed her to run back to the car and doctors.”
- Parents of the suspected Washington mall gunman who killed five people said he "had mental issues."
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌