1. So apparently there’s a rather disgusting new trend in Australia which involves urinating in your own mouth.
This guy was reportedly caught doing it at a Trash Talk show in Melbourne recently.
The disturbing craze is known as “bubbling” and has been covered widely by some sections of the media.
3. Unsurprisingly, the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks player was promptly sacked, with the club terminating his $650,000 (£350,000)-a-year contract.
His agent David Riolo later said the incident was meant to be a private joke “kept between mates”.
7. His agent declared:
It’s a setup, like when people stand in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Todd’s paid a very, very heavy price for a photo that he didn’t want out there or upload himself. It was supposed to be kept between mates.
He’s now got a photo of himself gone worldwide in not a very pleasant setting that’s going to be on the net for his family and everyone to see for future generations. That in itself is a very big price to pay.
11. “It’s huge in Australia. It’s part of our everyday life. My dad actually taught me how to do it when I was a kid,” he said.
In the same piece, West said bubbling makes you a better skater, adding: “It’s a pretty big statement. Try it and find the meaning yourself.”
13. Rather unsurprisingly though, it appears West may not have been telling the truth.
Apparently he and his skater friends made up the bubbling craze and have been trying to make it go viral for years.
According to Mashable, Australian skaters have bee trolling other skaters on tour for a while, trying to make them believe the whole “my father taught me” line.
15. Skater John Ryder told news.com.au: “Yeah, this doesn’t happen in Oz at all. Maybe one or two fruitcakes, but that’s it.
“I skate and live in Australia, and have never heard of ‘bubbling’.”