back to top

Teenager Jailed For Getting Her Brother To Rape A 15-Year-Old Girl

Aliyah and Lacquan Weekes were both imprisoned and placed on the sex offender register.

Posted on

A woman and her brother have been jailed following a “revenge rape” on a teenage girl.

Metropolitan police

Aliyah Weekes, 19, was sentenced at the Old Bailey yesterday to four-and-a-half years in a young offenders institute for her part in what a judge called a “truly wicked” crime.

Weekes, of Harlesden in northwest London, had accused a 15-year-old girl, who can’t be identified for legal reasons, of spreading rumours about her, Metropolitan police said.

Accompanied by a friend, who was 16 at the time of the crime and also cannot be named, Weekes confronted the victim over the believed “snitching” at a location in Brent in April 2013.

The pair told the girl she would be forced to have sex with a group of boys or face violence, police said.

The BBC reported that Weekes warned the teenager that "snitches get stitches" and threatened to make the girl "do a line-up" – slang for performing oral sex on multiple men.

The 15-year-old was then raped by Weekes’ 18-year-old brother, Lacquan.

Metropolitan police

ITV News reported that the attack took place in an alleyway as a group of youths watched nearby.

Sentencing Alliyah and Laquan Weekes, and the former's friend, judge Jeremy Donne said: "This was no game. This was no childish folly," the Mirror reported.

"This was a wicked crime and one that, Aliyah Weekes, you determined upon over the space of about an hour during which the victim was detained."

The BBC reported that Lacquan, who has previous convictions for drug possession and battery, smiled and chatted to his sister in the dock.

The judge said the 18-year-old had showed "not one iota of remorse".

On Thursday he was imprisoned for five years. Both he and his sister were placed on the sex offender register.

Aliyah's friend, who is now 17, was sentenced to a 18-month rehabilitation order.

Commenting on the sentences, detective constable Daniel Pegg, the investigating officer, said:

This was a disgraceful attack during which the victim was surrounded, accused of betraying confidence, assaulted, and then threatened with further violence if she did not comply with the demands of the group.

I would like to pay tribute to the victim for her bravery in giving evidence. I hope the sentences handed out will reflect the serious nature of this incident and dissuade others from committing such offences.