1. Dutch teenager Gary Slok and his mother, Petra Langeveld, reportedly took this selfie moments before Malaysia Airlines Fight MH17 took off from Amsterdam on 17 July.
A few hours later the plane crashed in Ukraine, killing all 298 people on board.
According to the Mirror, 15-year-old Slok and his mother were travelling to Kuala Lumpur on a trip for single parents and their children.
2. The teenager played in goal for his local football side in Maassluis and the club has paid tribute to him.
3. A spokesman is quoted as saying:
Gary and his mum Petra were on their way to Malaysia to have the dream holiday of their life.
Sadly they never got the chance to fulfil that dream.
But his story and his last picture tell you how dreams of many people with wonderful lives ahead of them have been wrecked.
4. Pro-Russian separatists have been blamed for downing the Malaysia Airlines plane and continue to control the crash site.
Moscow has denied allegations it provided the rebels with weapons allegedly used to down the jet.
5. The separatists have loaded around 200 bodies on to refrigerated train trucks to be taken to an unknown destination.
They also claim to have the plane’s black box recorders.