1. Death metal band Unfathomable Ruination are playing in an airtight, soundproof box in London until they run out of oxygen.
3. Those gathered outside the cube will hear only “strange vibrations” once the band enter the box.
5. A description of the work claims:
In each location the sculpture travels to, Onofre invites a local Death Metal band to play, on this occasion Unfathomable Ruination.
The box is soundproofed, determining and restricting the performance’s duration to the length of time in which the oxygen is expended.
Outside the cube, viewers observe its strange vibrations, only viewing the band’s entrance and exit to the performance space.
6. Singer Ben Wright told CNN the band managed 14 minutes in the box the first time they tried it but got up to 19 minutes earlier this week.
Guitarist Ross Piazza added: “These are extreme conditions and we play extreme music so that’s the kind of connection.”
8. If you head on down to the installation, here’s some of the music you might be able to enjoy before they shut the door.
The London five-piece are playing twice on Thursday and then three times a week from Friday until August 1.