1. People are sharing this image of a kid wearing a blue-and-white plastic bag that resembles a Lionel Messi Argentina football shirt.
Blogs in Turkey claim the photo was taken in the war-torn region of Dohuk, Iraq, but the original source of the image is still not known.
2. The image was initially shared widely on Twitter by people in Turkey last week and is now being shared throughout the world. Many people are trying to track down the child so they can give him a real Messi shirt.
3. Turkish sports website Fanatik reported: “A young boy in Iraq made a Lionel Messi shirt from a plastic bag.”
4. Spanish-language football blog Juez Central wrote: “Tremendous image. A child in Iraq manages to play in his idol’s T-shirt. The Beautiful Game.”
5. With the original source of the photo unknown, and no information on when the photo was taken, people are trying to bring the image to the attention of Barcelona superstar Messi to see if he can help.
Popular Messi fan account @messi10stats claimed to have been contacted by a member of the footballer’s team and said Messi wants to locate the child to “arrange something” for him.
As the search to track down the child goes on, Messi hasn’t yet publicly acknowledged that he has seen the picture via any of his official accounts.