1. OK, first of all, just watch this.
3. The PSA, released on Friday, is a part of the gun-violence prevention group’s campaign called “Know the Signs.”
“People who are at risk of hurting themselves or others often show signs and signals before an act of violence takes place,” the Sandy Hook Promise website reads.
“When you don’t know what to look for, it can be easy to miss signs, or dismiss them as unimportant, sometimes with tragic consequences,” it says.
14. Tons of people have responded to the stunning video. One person said that the PSA gave him chills.
15. And the shocked emoji face was everywhere.
16. “Shocking. Frightening. Devastating. True.”
17. But others thought it was far from “true.” This person thought the video was proof of “liberals’ flippant relationship with facts.”
18. And another called the PSA “ridiculous.”
19. But the response was largely positive, with this Twitter user writing that the PSA “illustrates the problem perfectly.”
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- "Stealthing," or purposefully removing a condom during sex without consent, has become a new trend. But victims say it is another form of assault.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔