The statement said that a number of different groups, including the FBI, helped to recover the missing jersey from the Super Bowl win over the Atlanta Falcons, along with another missing jersey of Brady’s from 2015’s Super Bowl.
The NFL did not immediately respond to BuzzFeed News’ request for comment.
3. “A credentialed member of the international media” was in possession of the jerseys, the statement said.
4. Art Acevedo, the chief of the Houston Police Department, wrote on Twitter that Tom Brady’s jersey was found in Mexico.
5. “The Houston Police Department’s Major Offenders Division has been the lead agency on this investigation from the beginning, after it was learned that this jersey was stolen after the Super Bowl,” the chief announced Monday.
“It was reported missing from the Patriots’ locker room immediately following the Super Bowl,” he said.
6. During FBI Director James Comey’s testimony to the House Intelligence Committee on Monday, Rep. Rick Crawford thanked the director on Tom Brady’s behalf for the FBI’s assistance in recovering the Super Bowl jersey.
In response, Comey explained why he does not like the Patriots.
“They represent sustained excellence,” he said.
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he will move on to other issues.
- FBI agents posed as filmmakers to talk to armed militia during a standoff in Nevada, then used the footage against two men on trial in federal court.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- A lawsuit has been filed against a renowned UC Berkeley professor who allegedly sexually harassed and assaulted a former student and employee.