1. Meet Maelyn. She’s 4 and from Georgia.
2. She’s also number 37 on her soccer team.
3. On Saturday, her whole squad came out to her game.
Maelyn’s mom, Clara Cazeau, told BuzzFeed News that her friend made the special jerseys for Maelyn’s cheering squad.
Cazeau feels strongly about coparenting. “It is important that Maelyn grows up knowing that her mommy and daddy were able to put our differences aside for the sake of her,” she said.
4. People had a lot of thoughts about the soccer game photo after someone asked: “How y’all feel about this?” on Twitter.
5. “Mature adults,” this person responded.
6. “Kudos to this family.”
7. “I wish my parents supported me like this after they got divorced,” another person said. “She should be very grateful.”
8. This person admired the fact that it was Maelyn’s stepmom, Emilee Player, who posted the photo. “I’m glad we can be a positive influence to other blended families,” the stepmom told BuzzFeed News.
Maeyln’s mom said that not all the response to their family has been positive, and many people “don’t agree with what [they’re] doing.”