1. At first, they are immediately confused.
2. They try, but they can't conceal their disbelief.
3. Because they cannot grasp the concept as to why your university would cruelly bestow this burden upon you, they resort to immature jokes.
4. Then, it hits them and they realize what this means for you.
5. They suddenly understand how truly #blessed they are that they got final exams over with before winter break, and take a moment to recite a silent prayer of thanks for not being you right now.
6. Coming back to reality, they decide it's the perfect time to tell you what you already know.
7. They realize how insensitive they were just being and they give you their most heartfelt condolences for your loss of any chance of having a stress-free winter break.
8. Finally, they try their best in a final attempt to make you feel better about your life and your college choices.
thanks but no thanks
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!