1. Maybe you’ve heard that Taylor Swift is back? “Shake It Off,” the first single from her forthcoming pop-oriented album 1989, broke the internet last week and was performed before the world at the MTV VMAs on Sunday.
2. Now the song has made its debut on the Billboard Hot 100 — in the no. 1 position, naturally. It’s Swift’s second song to top the chart, following “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” in 2012, and something tells us it won’t be her last.
3. Clearly, we’re at peak Taylor right now. Next up: world domination.
- Saturday is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total shitshow. Headliners dropped out and guests tweeted photos of bare-bones food and lodging 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏