1. This is Jesse Marchant, formerly known as JBM, a New York-via-Montreal singer-songwriter with a vulnerable baritone.
2. His self-titled third album, released in September, is an understated indie-folk epic, calling to mind My Morning Jacket, Bon Iver, and Bruce Springsteen at his world-weariest.
3. Using the album as a jumping-off point, Marchant recruited old friends Amanda Seyfried and Girls star Christopher Abbott for an ambitious music video trilogy.
5. Marchant, who plays a mysterious, guitar-toting troubador in a brief cameo, said the video was shot over a long weekend in 29 Palms, California.
“There is just such a strange feeling to the area, which I think was masterfully captured by Zack [Galler, cinematographer],” Marchant said in a statement. “That weirdness lived within all of us for those days. It felt as though we were all living in this strange dream together.”
6. Watch the full, haunting video for “Words Underlined” below and download Jesse Marchant’s album here. Part 2 and 3 of the trilogy coming soon.
- The Trump administration has proposed "massive tax cuts" that would cut taxes across the board for people and businesses.
- Conservative Ann Coulter says she's not speaking at Berkeley after promises of protests, and it's not clear who is to blame 👉👈
- Venezuelans are trying to crowdfund money to leave the country amid food shortages and political unrest.
- Get ready for nonstop live video on Twitter. The platform is aiming to stream sports, news, and entertainment 24/7 📺📲