1. NONONO are a bright new synth pop band from Sweden, home to other modern day pop visionaries like Robyn, Miike Snow and Lykke Li.
Their breakthrough single, the party-starter “Pumpin Blood,” has whistled its way to nearly 14 million plays on Spotify and almost 6 million views on YouTube.
2. Despite having released just a handful of songs, the band has quickly developed a reputation for music that’s polished and pleasing without sacrificing emotional resonance.
Singer/songwriter Stina Wäppling recently earned her degree in psychology while co-producers/instrumentalists Tobias “Astma” Jimson and Michel Rocwell cut their teeth producing hip-hop.
4. NONONO’s debut album, We Are Only What We Feel, arrives July 1 from Warner Bros. Watch an acoustic performance of quasi-title-track “Down Under” below.
- The GOP spent years building a Latino outreach project. Now Republicans worry it died with Donald Trump's nomination.
- Former US attorney general says Edward Snowden performed a "public service" but still must face "consequence" of his actions.
- Spanish basketball player Pau Gasol may not compete at the Rio Olympics due to Zika virus concerns.