1. NONONO are a bright new synth pop band from Sweden, home to other modern day pop visionaries like Robyn, Miike Snow and Lykke Li.
Their breakthrough single, the party-starter “Pumpin Blood,” has whistled its way to nearly 14 million plays on Spotify and almost 6 million views on YouTube.
2. Despite having released just a handful of songs, the band has quickly developed a reputation for music that’s polished and pleasing without sacrificing emotional resonance.
Singer/songwriter Stina Wäppling recently earned her degree in psychology while co-producers/instrumentalists Tobias “Astma” Jimson and Michel Rocwell cut their teeth producing hip-hop.
4. NONONO’s debut album, We Are Only What We Feel, arrives July 1 from Warner Bros. Watch an acoustic performance of quasi-title-track “Down Under” below.
- An earthquake that struck central Italy Wednesday has killed at least 37 people, officials say. 150 people are still missing.
- Turkish tanks have rolled across the Syrian border. Turkey's president said the operation is aimed against both ISIS and Kurdish fighters.
- And Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York," but he isn't.