1. NONONO are a bright new synth pop band from Sweden, home to other modern day pop visionaries like Robyn, Miike Snow and Lykke Li.
Their breakthrough single, the party-starter “Pumpin Blood,” has whistled its way to nearly 14 million plays on Spotify and almost 6 million views on YouTube.
2. Despite having released just a handful of songs, the band has quickly developed a reputation for music that’s polished and pleasing without sacrificing emotional resonance.
Singer/songwriter Stina Wäppling recently earned her degree in psychology while co-producers/instrumentalists Tobias “Astma” Jimson and Michel Rocwell cut their teeth producing hip-hop.
4. NONONO’s debut album, We Are Only What We Feel, arrives July 1 from Warner Bros. Watch an acoustic performance of quasi-title-track “Down Under” below.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He thought two of them were Middle Eastern, but they weren't.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝