1. NONONO are a bright new synth pop band from Sweden, home to other modern day pop visionaries like Robyn, Miike Snow and Lykke Li.
Their breakthrough single, the party-starter “Pumpin Blood,” has whistled its way to nearly 14 million plays on Spotify and almost 6 million views on YouTube.
2. Despite having released just a handful of songs, the band has quickly developed a reputation for music that’s polished and pleasing without sacrificing emotional resonance.
Singer/songwriter Stina Wäppling recently earned her degree in psychology while co-producers/instrumentalists Tobias “Astma” Jimson and Michel Rocwell cut their teeth producing hip-hop.
4. NONONO’s debut album, We Are Only What We Feel, arrives July 1 from Warner Bros. Watch an acoustic performance of quasi-title-track “Down Under” below.
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists says they've discovered an 8th continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩