1. M83, the dream pop project of France’s Anthony Gonzalez, is known for panoramic and emotionally heightened songs that can envelop a room and make you feel like you’re floating.
2. In 2013, he scored the Tom Cruise space epic Oblivion and his sixth album, the critically acclaimed Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming, was nominated for a Grammy. M83’s music has also appeared in films like The Fault in Our Stars, Divergent and 22 Jump Street.
“Midnight City,” aka 2011’s most gloriously inescapable party jam.
3. On August 25, M83’s label, Mute Records, will reissue the band’s beloved first three albums M83, Dead Cities, Red Seas and Lost Ghosts and Before the Dawn Heals Us, none of which have ever been available on digital platforms like iTunes and Spotify.
4. To celebrate the rerelease, watch a never before released video for Before The Dawn Heals Us’ closing epic “Lower Your Eyelids to Die with the Sun” below, premiering exclusively on BuzzFeed.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- At least 40 Democrats are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- Spencer's Gifts is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America By The Pussy" shirts, which many say normalizes sexual assault.