2. But he just came out of hibernation to team up with experimental electronic producer, and fellow Los Angeles native, Flying Lotus, who’s releasing his own new album You’re Dead! In October. Hear the fruits of their collaboration, “Never Catch Me,” below.
The frenetic, jazz-infused song is the first to be released from You’re Dead!, which will also feature appearances by Herbie Hancock, Snoop Dogg, and FlyLo’s frequent partner-in-crime, Thundercat.
3. From the looks of it, Flying Lotus, whose last LP, 2012’s Until The Quiet Comes, cemented his status as one of American electronic music’s most exuberant innovators, has really outdone himself. Watch a mind-bending trailer for You’re Dead! below.
Out Oct. 7 via Warp.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.