3. In this new commercial, jewelry brand Tanishq portrays a mother getting married, while her daughter watches happily.
At the end of the wedding, the daughter asks her mother’s new husband, in Hindi, if she can now refer to him as “daddy.”
5. Many have given the brand kudos for breaking other advertising conventions as well, specifically its use of a “dusky” skinned model.
A dusky bride with a daughter in an ad?Well done @TanishqJewelry for breaking stereotypes with grace & power #tanishq http://t.co/vfSyG5E87d
#FTW MT @nithinkd A dusky bride with a daughter! That’s brave in India. Tanishq Wedding Film (2013) http://t.co/sRh8Er5jPQ â€¦
Medium toned bride isn’t stick skinny and has a kid from previous marriage? Nice progressive ad, #Tanishq Jewelers. http://t.co/iKDq2gMnRA
8. Since its release, the ad has elicited largely positive reactions, sparking a much-needed conversation in India.
How many of you have seen the recent Tanishq ad? I believe its just so brave, revolutionary and completely fantastic!! Kudos to the team!!
Respect to the person who wrote/conceptualized the new Tanishq ad. Breaking the stereotypes. Brave. Take a bow team Tanishq.
- Miami Marlins star pitcher José Fernández has died in a boating accident. He was 24.
- Kim Kardashian said she is voting for Hillary Clinton after being quoted saying she was "on the fence."
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.