2. From 1915 to 1978, the United States Tennis Association hosted its championships here, including the U.S. Open.
3. Jackie O. and J.F.K. Jr. watch the 1977 U.S. Open at Forest Hills.
8. At the sold-out concert they played here in 1964, The Beatles were mobbed by fans on stage…
9. And they laughed it off and went on with the show…
10. While the NYPD crowd-controlled.
11. That same year, Barbra Streisand performed here for $4.95 a ticket.
According to the New York Times, “Miss Streisand communicates. She communicates across yards and yards of beautifully manicured grass tennis courts and up through row on endless row of concrete seats. She communicates not just with her voice, which she projects with such power that it might reach the very last, topmost row on its own— although she was aided by well-balanced amplification.”