After Narendra Modi secured India’s support in a historic landslide election, Indians took to the internet to express how they really felt about their new Prime Minister.
3. A well-meaning citizen promised to help soothe the immense burn that AAP and Congress were given:
4. People immediately began booking plane tickets to Pakistan:
5. Some were wayyy ahead of the game:
7. And Photoshop was put to its best possible use:
8. Congress’s campaign strategy was finally unveiled:
9. And Modi sweetly offered to carry Sonia back to Italy:
10. Although Air India would suffice, too.
11. Old bets were resurfaced:
12. As were some abysmally wrong predictions:
13. RaGa’s Harvard degree was outdone by Modi’s chaiwalla biceps.
14. The best criticisms were subtle and minimalist:
15. Newspapers got creative with natural disaster metaphors:
17. The fact that the Godzilla movie was released the same weekend as Modi’s election did not go unnoticed:
20. It’s a relief that Rahul Gandhi will finally have some leisure time to catch up on TV:
21. But Obama and Biden suddenly have a lot on their plate:
22. Modi’s obviously been given a Bollywood makeover:
24. And a lot of people immediately began to wonder why.
25. Kejriwal won fewer seats than a four-seater nano-car.
26. Speculation abounded about his whereabouts:
27. One person correctly identified India’s greatest Modi-fication: The impending dhokla takeover.
28. Sonia gave Manmohan Singh permission to dismantle himself.
- Saturday is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total shitshow. Headliners dropped out and guests tweeted photos of bare-bones food and lodging 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏