4. In an attempt to curb victim-blaming in media and on college campuses, Brooklyn filmmaker Cat Del Buono made a short satirical film mocking the trend.
The film observes as one woman attempts to follow every instruction that women have been given to prevent being raped.
5. Del Buono told BuzzFeed in an email:
This video came directly as a reaction to the guidelines put out by colleges like University of Colorado. I think it was around the same time the Stuebenville rape was all over the news. I started looking up other “tips” and basically found the same sort of ridiculous advice where the responsibility is put on the victim.
7. “I hope the video will bring this issue back to the surface.”
8. Watch the funny and powerful film “How To Not Get Raped” in full here:
- The man suspected of shooting and killing five people in a Washington mall is now in custody, officials said.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.
- Kim Kardashian said she is voting for Hillary Clinton after being quoted saying she was "on the fence."