4. In an attempt to curb victim-blaming in media and on college campuses, Brooklyn filmmaker Cat Del Buono made a short satirical film mocking the trend.
The film observes as one woman attempts to follow every instruction that women have been given to prevent being raped.
5. Del Buono told BuzzFeed in an email:
This video came directly as a reaction to the guidelines put out by colleges like University of Colorado. I think it was around the same time the Stuebenville rape was all over the news. I started looking up other “tips” and basically found the same sort of ridiculous advice where the responsibility is put on the victim.
7. “I hope the video will bring this issue back to the surface.”
8. Watch the funny and powerful film “How To Not Get Raped” in full here:
- Trump gave a speech in Gettysburg, PA that was billed as a major policy address. He mainly focused on his usual grievances 🔴
- A right-leaning nonprofit is planning to place news articles critical of Clinton in black newspapers ahead of the election 📰
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘