1. An invitation to protest Paul Ryan:
2. Initially, there was enthusiasm.
3. But the critics soon began piling on.
4. They tore each other apart over how they ought to best show their support for Obama.
5. The thread turned into a debate about protests and passion in American politics.
6. The difference between effective organizing, and political involvement that is simply self-gratifying.
7. One individual brought MLK and the Selma marches into the conversation.
8. There were attempts at de-escalating the argument.
9. But the internal bickering ultimately turned some Obama supporters off for good.
11. “This is how elections get lost,” wrote one listserv member.
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."