1. An invitation to protest Paul Ryan:
2. Initially, there was enthusiasm.
3. But the critics soon began piling on.
4. They tore each other apart over how they ought to best show their support for Obama.
5. The thread turned into a debate about protests and passion in American politics.
6. The difference between effective organizing, and political involvement that is simply self-gratifying.
7. One individual brought MLK and the Selma marches into the conversation.
8. There were attempts at de-escalating the argument.
9. But the internal bickering ultimately turned some Obama supporters off for good.
11. “This is how elections get lost,” wrote one listserv member.
- Blue Lies Matter: How video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good🛀