1. Ohio Senator Rob Portman: “I hope that I’m viewed as someone who gets things done, focuses on results. That’s my goal in life, not to be exciting or boring, just to get the job done.”
2. Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels Press Secretary Jane Jankowski: “Think you’ve contacted the wrong team. No one here fits that description.”
3. Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell Communications Director Tucker Martin: “Hey, we resemble that remark.”
4. Former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty did not respond to a request for comment.
- A judge has declared a mistrial in the case of a South Carolina officer who fatally shot Walter Scott, an unarmed black man, in 2015.
- At least 36 people died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are nowhere close to finding a cause.