1. Speaker of the House John Boehner: “I think accusations like this being thrown around are pretty dangerous.”
2. Mass. Sen. Scott Brown: “Rep. Bachmann’s accusations about Sec. Clinton aide Huma Abedin are out-of-line. This kind of rhetoric has no place in our public discourse.”
6. N.C. Sen. Lindsey Graham: “I don’t know what their motivations are, but clearly it says more about them than it does her.”
7. Ariz. Sen. John McCain: “These attacks have no logic, no basis, and no merit and they need to stop. They need to stop now.”
- Federal health officials have called for nationwide testing of all blood donations for the Zika virus.
- The judge under fire for his sentencing of former Stanford Swimmer Brock Turner also went easy on another student athlete.