2. GOP Sens. Scott Brown and John Thune hung out; later, Brown spent time with his daughter Arianna.
With Sen. Thune this AM now at Air and Space Museum with Arianna. Back at it tomorrow.— Scott P. Brown
3. Newly sworn-in Hawaii Sen. Brian Schatz took his own children for a bite to eat.
Lincoln Waffle House. Kids enjoying DC. http://t.co/h0tAY7MR— Brian Schatz
5. And Sens. Claire McCaskill and John McCain rooted for their home-state sports teams.
Voted till early evening in Senate, back to floor on Sunday. Still hoping for a compromise. Tonight? Up late watching Pressey. Wow.#Mizzou— Claire McCaskill
At the Kraft #FightHunger Bowl in SF this afternoon - @NavalAcademy vs @ASU!— John McCain
7. (McCain had the best time.)
With Mr. Oreo at the Kraft #FightHunger Bowl! http://t.co/de6GCJ6R— John McCain
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- At least 13 people were killed and 31 others injured when a tour bus crashed into a semi-trailer near Palm Springs, California Sunday.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.