1. The American Motorcycle Association was founded in 1924.
2. The Patriot Guard Riders (PGR) is an organization in the United States which attends the funerals of members of the armed forces, firefighters, and police at the invitation of the deceased’s family. They help drown out the Westboro hate.
3. The Average Motorcycle Rider has 24 years of riding experience and their average age is 48 years old.
4. The AMA is 95% dudes. If you're looking for girls, this isn't your club.
5. If you lose your ride, you can still stay in the club. However, you use your voting rights.
6. It can take years to become a full patch member. This only occurs after a unanimous vote form a charter.
7. Riding clubs, however, require only that the rider submit an application, and pay membership dues, and then they can be considered full fledged members.
8. The AMA rides a total of 1.55 billion miles a year. That's like going to the moon and back 2,208 times.
9. A typical internal organisation of an MC’s hierarchy consists of a president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, road captain, and sergeant-at-arms before extending down to ‘full patch members’ and prospective members or ‘probates’.
10. 99% are law-abiding citizens. They wear a "99%" patch to signify this fact.
11. Outlaws advertise their disregard for the law with a 1% patch.
12. How to identify a motorcycle club:
13. The minimum to maintain membership in the Hell's Angels is 20,000 miles per year.
14. At least one chapter of the Hell's Angels allegedly requires that a candidate be a white male
15. The ‘Golden Rule’ among MC’s goes along the lines of: If you give respect, you’ll get respect, if you act with disrespect, you’ll be treated with the same.” How different clubs interpret and enforce this is changeable between each different MCs.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!