Being a muggle is tough. Make this crystal candle to add a little magic to your life.
Here's what you'll need:
Mason jar lid and band, $6.99
Hot glue gun
Alum powder, $8.89
Food Coloring, $7.96
Clear coat spray, $3.86
Tea candle, $9.82
Eye of newt and toe of frog (JK)
1. Use your hot glue gun to attach your mason jar lid to the corresponding band ($6.99).
The lid should be flipped so that the silver side faces the inside of the band.
2. Use a hammer and nail to poke a hole through the center of the top of the lid.
Make sure to perform this on a disposable surface. Don't go around poking holes through the dinner table.
3. Cut 10 inches of wire and thread about an inch of it through the lid. Fold it back and tape.
Leave it to dry for an hour or two.
5. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Then add 1 cup of alum powder and 1 tablespoon of food coloring to the boiling water.
It's gonna get real steamy up in here.
6. Pour the result of your ~toil and trouble~ into a heat-safe container.
7. Wrap the wire attached to the mason jar lid around a pencil around 6-8 times. Lower the lid into the container.
You want the leftover wire to be long enough that the lid is submerged in the mixture, but not hitting the bottom of the cup.