1. Sister Outsider, by Audre Lorde
2. Black Feminist Thought: Knowledge, Consciousness, & the Politics of Empowerment, by Patricia Hill Collins
3. Ain't I A Woman: Black Women and Feminism, by bell hooks
4. Women, Race and Class, by Angela Davis
5. Sister Citizen: Shame, Stereotypes, and Black Women in America, by Melissa Harris-Perry
Artist. Writer and Social Critic at www.cocoamoore.com. Black Woman. Future Mommy to a Young Black King. This will be my greatest assignment yet.
For more of my musings, follow my blog at www.cocoamoore.com.