No matter how much we try, there are just some things in life that will consistently leave us feeling disappointed. And since having these experiences can oftentimes feel lonely, I thought it would be important to share the answers from Reddit user u/Jumpy_Ad_4583's thread, where they asked the r/AskWomen community, "What consistently leaves you disappointed...but you just keep trying?" Here are not only the responses but also some advice that others left in return.
1. "Reaching out for friends. Before I deleted Facebook, no one would like or reply to any of my posts. I have social anxiety, and it’s tough to take the first step. But it sucks even more when no one seems to care."
2. "Dating apps. It’s a download, entertain, and delete process. Usually within 24 hours. Someday I’ll learn."
4. "My partner. Why don’t I just give up? He clearly doesn’t care about me the way I care about him."
5. "People. They're usually just every bit as bad as you thought they were. I hate being proved right sometimes."
6. "My relationship with my mother."
7. "My introversion. I have friends who can keep going and going, but I have a sudden stop, and after that stop, I’m down for the count no matter how much I want to keep going. I wish I could change that."
9. "My brother. I've been trying to be close to him for years. He shows zero interest. When we are together, we have so much fun, but once I'm out of sight, he forgets all about me. Also, when we are together, he never asks me about myself. It sucks, but I will keep trying."
10. "My own mind. Sometimes I just can’t shut it off, to the point of overthinking, which often results in disappointment even if everything is fine."
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.