1. It happens to the best of us: one minute you're home, minding your own damn business, and the next minute, you realize there's nothing to eat.
2. Phase II: You start to realize the gravity of your situation.
3. Then comes despair.
4. You consider the increasingly likely scenario that you just...won't eat.
5. You start to get a little dizzy.
6. Extreme measures are considered.
7. You think back to all the times you had food around, and you didn't even fully appreciate it.
8. You entertain the thought of getting delivery, but then check your bank account.
9. Finally, through an act of sheer will and creativity, you manage to pull something together that vaguely resembles a meal.
10. And maybe even try to class it up a bit, just to preserve your dignity.
This post was translated from Portuguese.