1. The first thing all cast wearers remember: how much of a complete struggle taking a bath or shower suddenly became.
2. So you had to get a little creative with plastic bags...
3. Everyone was always wanting to sign your cast.
4. Since everyone was always touching it, your cast got pretty gross fast.
5. You were itchy ALL. THE. TIME.
6. Sure, sometimes you got special treatment...
7. ...and you did your best to milk it.
8. There were a few perks, like having a real reason to ride around on the mall scooters.
9. Even if your friends had good intentions, sometimes they just made everything worse.
10. Nothing was worse than being told to stay off your feet for a "few" weeks...
11. Except trying to write with a cast on your dominant hand.
12. Everyone was always asking to try out your crutches and do cool tricks with them...
13. And you lost count of how many times you had to explain ~what happened~.
14. And at the end, when it was time to take the cast off, you definitely got a tiny bit scared.
This post was translated from Portuguese.