1. First of all, you know that there's nothing better than beating a guy at something.
2. Especially when you've beaten them at something considered "manly."
3. Nothing gets you angrier than being doubted...
4. And your determination to prove them wrong honestly can feel straight up intoxicating.
5. You're not one to be "humble" about your accomplishments — because why shouldn't you get to bask in a little glory?
6. You know better than to see other woman as a threat.
7. And you ALWAYS celebrate a little inside when you win an argument with a significant other.
8. Even when you're wrong, you always own up to it quickly – so that later you can secretly brag about being the bigger person.
9. You don't have to make everything a contest. You just want to.
10. You've even secretly raced people on the street to prove who walks faster.
11. And you are very, very hard on yourself when things don't go exactly the way you expected.
12. Because at the end of the day, no one has higher standards for yourself than you.
13. Which is why it's so goddamn galling to be underestimated right off the bat, just because of your gender.
14. You get really excited when you find people who can actually give constructive criticism.
15. Because you know they will help you improve.
16. You're also definitely a perfectionist.
17. Because you're never not pushing yourself harder.
18. To the point where you often catch yourself needing to just take a few deep breaths.
19. And you have to stop, take a step back, and remind yourself of how great you already are.
This post was translated from Portuguese.