1. In your twenties you aren’t finished becoming the person you are meant to be.
“I’m cookie dough. I’m not done baking. I’m not finished becoming whatever the hell it is I’m gonna turn out to be. I make it through this, and the next thing, and the next thing, and… maybe one day I turn around and realize I’m ready. I’m cookies…”-Buffy
2. Sometimes events happen in our lives that we aren’t ready for, but they make us the better for it.
Bottom line is, even if you see ‘em coming, you’re not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really… The big moments are gonna come… It’s what you do afterwards that counts. That’s when you find out who you are.” –Whistler
3. Life isn’t perfect and sometimes bad things happen to good people.
“Yes, it’s terribly simple. The good guys are always stalwart and true, the bad guys are easily distinguished by their pointy horns or black hats, and, uh, we always defeat them and save the day. No one ever dies, and everybody lives happily ever after.” -Giles
4. Sometimes life can be awkward and hard, but we have to deal in order to grow
“It is funny how the earth never opens up and swallows you if you want it to…”-Xander
5. A significant other is not worth your own well-being.
“No guy is worth your life, not ever.”
6. It’s OK to want things, it motivates us.
“I just want to be alone and quiet, you know, with a chair, and a fireplace, and a tea cozy. I’m not even sure what a tea cozy is, but I want one” –Buffy
7. Be honest about your faults, then move on.
“Yes, I lied, I’m a bad person, let’s move on.” – Buffy
8. It’s ok that you don’t know everything yet, we are still learning.
“I knew it! I knew it! Well, not ‘knew it’ in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn’t know.” -Willow
9. It’s OK to be tough.
“You know me, not much with the damseling.” –Buffy
10. Know theyself.
11. When in doubt, kick ass just like buffy!
Buffy inspires us to fight for what we want and has spawned other kick-ass heroines who are all fighting the good fight—all while wearing some killer heels!
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.