1. Joey Chestnut Vs. Hot Dogs
Joey Chestnut eats 68 hot dogs in Coney Island to beat Kobayashi himself. One of the greatest feats of hot-dog eating ever recorded. Stay fierce, Joey Chestnut. You are a hero to all of us who fight for unconventional eating.
2. Cookie Jarvis Vs. Sweet Corn
Cookie Jarvis holds the records for grapes, cannoli, ham and potatoes, sour pickles, and ice cream, among other stuff he’s eaten the most of. He is also a true American. But what I like best about Cookie Jarvis (apart from the fact that he’s named after the original Cookie Crisp mascot - before the burglar!) is that he’s not afraid to eat outside the box. Check out his unconventional sweet corn eating technique. Brilliant!
3. Joey Chestnut Vs. French Fries
You can never have enough Joey Chestnut. Watch him obliterate the French-fry-eating competition at Bikini’s in Austin. The music is so inspirational! It makes me want to order an extra large fries and rub them all over my body. Wait, did I say that out loud?
4. The Black Widow Vs. Mince Pies
Sonya Thomas, The Black Widow, is one of the world’s greatest eaters. Among her many records, she has eaten more mince pies in less time than anyone else. Here she goes - 46 mince pies in 10 minutes, and she’s dancing the whole time.
5. Crazy Legs Conti Vs. Watermelons
Crazy Legs’ Conti claimed the competitive watermelon eating title in 2008. Crazy Legs is a true master of his art. He is like the Shakespeare of watermelon consumption.
6. Patrick Bertoletti Vs. Jalapenos
Patrick Bartoletti holds 23 competitive eating records. He is a master of chocolate, waffles, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. And even The Black Widow is no match for his ninja-style eating technique, when it comes to Jalapenos. Watch him eat 127 of the things! I bet that stings a bit.
7. Crazy Legs Conti Vs. Birthday Cake
Crazy Legs Conti is back for the birthday cake challenge. Now this is the way birthday cake should be eaten - with enthusiasm, creativity, and lust for life. The man is an inspiration to us all.
8. Joey Chestnut Vs. A Gallon of Milk
Joey Chestnut is nothing if not versatile. We’ve seen him devour hot dogs, French fries, and now an entire gallon of milk. In just 41 seconds!
9. Patrick Bertoletti Vs. Pizzas
This is a twofer. Watch a chef make 3 whole pizzas in 40 seconds, followed by Patrick Bertoletti taking on 17 slices of pizza in just five minutes!
10. Kobayashi Vs. A GIANT BEAR
No competitive eating list would be complete without a mention of the legend, Takeru Kobayashi. In 2006, Kobayashi went up against a GIANT BEAR in a hot-dog eating competition. He lost. But wow.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at