3. When the Make-A-Wish Foundation asked Caleb what his wish would be, he said he wanted to surf with Surf Dog Ricochet, a world-famous surfing therapy dog he saw on ESPN.
According to Ricochet’s website, she’s “the only dog in the world who surfs with kids with special needs, people with disabilities, wounded warriors, military families and veterans with PTSD as an assistive aid.”
5. Caleb was a natural.
6. “My son is an amazing kid,” said Caleb’s mom Cathy. “So despite all his pain and all of his difficult situations that smile that you see, it’s always there. he always has it. … He’s stronger than we are, no doubt.”
Holding back tears, she told reporters, “Today’s a great day for our family.”
Correction: Ricochet is a female. An earlier version of this post misstated the dog’s sex.
h/t Elite Daily
- The public's mistrust of Trump might be especially dangerous in a catastrophe rooted in science — like an asteroid or the next Ebola.
- Thousands of people hit the streets on Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.