1. Many Time Warner users in the Greater New York City area woke up Saturday morning thinking their internet was acting a little funky. But they weren’t alone: Time Warner had a major outage, and the internet is out for thousands.
NYC customers, we are aware of data issues and are currently investigating the matter. Updates will be provided as soon as possible. ^BP
5. But it wasn’t just New York City users who were reporting problems, with the outage appearing to be affecting much more of the country than was previously thought.
North East customers, our Network Operations Center is working to restore data services as quickly as possible. ^BP
@marioknight @TWC_Help I’m in NH, and my Internet service is out too :(
@TWC_Help Having MASSIVE Internet problems around Albany, NY. You folks going through an outage right now? Not surprised.
@TWC_Help just the city or upstate? Having problems in Albany area too.
10. A representative from Time Warner issued this statement to BuzzFeed about the occurrence:
“Earlier today, some Time Warner Cable Internet customers in the Northeast experienced intermittent issues accessing several popular websites due to technical issues with one of our network backbone providers.These issues affected other Internet providers in the area, too. Traffic has been re-routed, and our customers should be able to access their favorite websites again. We apologize for the disruption to their service.”
11. The company, which is notorious for having outages, was pretty apologetic.
Time Warner Cable
Outages totally suck but we are investigating. Apologies to all our patient customers. We will post update ASAP as we get it. #sorry
13. Around 1 p.m., some users began reporting their internet had returned.
OMG! Facebook & Twitter are back! Time Warner had some issues now they’re fixed. I thought it was the end of the world LMAO!
I am able to come back on through Time Warner…did anyone else have this problem today?
16. Another day, another Time Warner hate-fest on social media.
Last night I joked that if I were to make a NYC disaster movie, the first thing I’d torch would be Time Warner. They must have heard me.
I wasn’t lying when I said the strongest emotion I’ve ever felt is hate for Time Warner Cable.
Time Warner rep basically admitted to me that they donâ€™t give a fuck about their Internet customers, only people paying for cable. Nice.
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎