1. After Hector Cruz’s daughter, Sophia, was born, he felt “robbed” of being able to help his wife when she struggled with breastfeeding. “I felt like I wasn’t allowed to be a part of that experience,” he said.
Cruz’s feelings about the lack of education for new dads and the stigmatization of breastfeeding moms got him thinking.
3. Cruz said he wants to help fathers understand “what a vital role they actually play in the breastfeeding journey.”
“As fathers we think our role is to figure out what the best car seat is, to figure out what the best carrier or stroller is, have the right car and make sure we put up the crib and have everything in order, but our roles go so much deeper than that,” Cruz said.
- Six people died and more than 60 were injured in a spree of gun violence in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend.
- After announcing he had raised $5.6 million for veterans organizations, Donald Trump blasted reporters for asking critical questions about the money.
- The show "The Biggest Loser" is under investigation following a report that its contestants were given drugs to aid weight loss.