1. After Hector Cruz’s daughter, Sophia, was born, he felt “robbed” of being able to help his wife when she struggled with breastfeeding. “I felt like I wasn’t allowed to be a part of that experience,” he said.
Cruz’s feelings about the lack of education for new dads and the stigmatization of breastfeeding moms got him thinking.
3. Cruz said he wants to help fathers understand “what a vital role they actually play in the breastfeeding journey.”
“As fathers we think our role is to figure out what the best car seat is, to figure out what the best carrier or stroller is, have the right car and make sure we put up the crib and have everything in order, but our roles go so much deeper than that,” Cruz said.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷