1. After Hector Cruz’s daughter, Sophia, was born, he felt “robbed” of being able to help his wife when she struggled with breastfeeding. “I felt like I wasn’t allowed to be a part of that experience,” he said.
Cruz’s feelings about the lack of education for new dads and the stigmatization of breastfeeding moms got him thinking.
3. Cruz said he wants to help fathers understand “what a vital role they actually play in the breastfeeding journey.”
“As fathers we think our role is to figure out what the best car seat is, to figure out what the best carrier or stroller is, have the right car and make sure we put up the crib and have everything in order, but our roles go so much deeper than that,” Cruz said.
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- Exactly 75 years ago today, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the executive order authorizing the internment of Japanese-Americans.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩