2. But good friends never stop lifting each other up.
“Well, I tried,” wrote Redditor ladydean.
9. And that growing up separately doesn’t mean growing apart.
Just a month after soldier Donny Eslinger rescued a puppy named Smoke in Afghanistan, he was seriously injured by a mortar strike. But thanks to Eslinger’s platoon, who raised thousands to have Smoke flown to Florida, the two were finally reunited five months later.
12. You’re never too old to be carried…
AlmaGordo and Midas, a decade later.
14. But at least everyone gets fuzzier with time.
Gordon Delacroix, the lead singer in Belgium band Recorders, with his dog, ten years later.
17. Often, the best memories are ones that are shared.
Jillian Thomson shared these photos of pup Jesse at six weeks old, then at 13, four weeks before she passed.
24. And you know they wouldn’t choose anyone else to spend all of those days with.
“My dog and I, 15 years apart. The day we met, and the day we said goodbye.”