The EPA sent out a humorous tweet apologizing for the error, and explained to BuzzFeed why it was sent.
“An EPA fellow inadvertently triggered an auto-generated tweet. She regrets the error and has been advised on the sensitivities of using social media,” a spokeswoman told BuzzFeed.
4. Whoever runs the Twitter account for the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s had a bit of down time tonight and decided to move up a social class in the Kim Kardashian game.
6. With the app, an addicting race to get ahead in Hollywood, dominating smartphone users’ lives, the tweet got hundreds of retweets in minutes.
13. Then the jokes began.
20. A Congressman even jumped on board.
Might be time for a Kardashintervention.
22. Basically, the EPA is all of us.
The EPA quietly deleted the tweet early Tuesday after nearly three hours, and more than 3,000 retweets.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food to Faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JPMorgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸