The EPA sent out a humorous tweet apologizing for the error, and explained to BuzzFeed why it was sent.
“An EPA fellow inadvertently triggered an auto-generated tweet. She regrets the error and has been advised on the sensitivities of using social media,” a spokeswoman told BuzzFeed.
4. Whoever runs the Twitter account for the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s had a bit of down time tonight and decided to move up a social class in the Kim Kardashian game.
6. With the app, an addicting race to get ahead in Hollywood, dominating smartphone users’ lives, the tweet got hundreds of retweets in minutes.
13. Then the jokes began.
20. A Congressman even jumped on board.
Might be time for a Kardashintervention.
22. Basically, the EPA is all of us.
The EPA quietly deleted the tweet early Tuesday after nearly three hours, and more than 3,000 retweets.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞