1. This is Karlesha Thurman, a 25-year-old mom and recent graduate of California State University Long Beach.
4. When the Black Women Do Breastfeed page reposted her photo, the picture of Thurman went viral.
6. While a lot of comments on the page were supportive, many began writing harsh judgments of the young mom as the photo spread.
14. Not to mention some good old-fashioned slut-shaming.
16. “I am so shocked that it has gotten this much attention,” Thurman told BuzzFeed.
But the grad struck back by retweeting her (many) supporters, who chided those who judged her for taking care of her baby and herself.
I found out I was pregnant my last year of college, had my daughter one week into my last semester, she was my motivation to keep going, so me receiving my BA was OUR moment, so glad I captured the moment and so glad you shared it with the world so thank you again.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- Brexit leader Nigel Farage drew parallels between British citizens' vote to leave the European Union and some Americans' support for Trump.
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️