1. Alan Markovitz, a strip club entrepreneur in Detroit, erected a 12-foot-high sculpture of a hand flipping the bird on his back deck. It happens to face the back windows belonging to his ex-wife, Lea Tuohy.
3. “How psychotic do you have to be to buy the house directly next to your ex wife and then put a statue up like that?!?! Real classy alan,” tweeted his daughter, Lenka Tuohy, on Nov. 11.
5. Markovitz and Tuohy had been married for two years. The author of Topless Prophet: The True Story of America’s Most Successful Gentleman’s Club Entrepreneur reportedly lives in his new house with his 17-year-old daughter, Tiffany.
The statue has a spotlight trained on it at night.
7. But Markovitz claims he has good reason for erecting the massive epithet: He says the man living next door had an affair with his ex-wife while they were still together.
“I’m so over her,” Markovitz told Deadline Detroit. “This is about him. This is about him not being a man.”
His ex-wife Lea Tuohy (left) and daughter Lenka, who can see the sculpture from their back windows.
9. The 59-year-old Markovitz, who is starring in HBO’s upcoming reality show Topless Prophet, is a well-known character around Detroit — from opening strip clubs on Detroit’s Eight Mile to being shot twice (once in the face), according to The Daily Mail.
- An armed militant group is urging its members to patrol polling stations on election day, a move the group's leaders say is aimed at preventing voter fraud.
- As a bitter civil war in Yemen shows no signs of stopping, nearly 14 million people are struggling to feed themselves every day.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- And here's everything you need to know about Apple's fall Mac event📱 🍎